We are posting this alert as a reminder of a state reporting requirement that is easily overlooked.
Corporations and LLCs operating in New York are required to file a Biennial Statement every two years with the New York Division of Corporations. This form serves to confirm and update your business information on file with the State. Failure to file the Biennial Statement could prevent you from completing some business transactions. The filing period is the calendar month in which your entity was initially organized or incorporated in the State.
To file your Biennial Statement, follow the following steps:
- Go the E-Statement Filing System https://filing.dos.ny.gov/eBiennialWeb/
- Enter your Department of State ID number. (This can be found on the New York Corporation & Business Entity Database Search) https://apps.dos.ny.gov/publicInquiry/
- Type in your business name and click submit.
- Review and update your business info.
- Enter the personal info of the individual filing the report.
- You will be required to pay a $9 filing fee.
If you are late in filing your Biennial Statement, you can go online and file now.
Also, note that most other states have a similar requirement and failure to comply with all filings may result in lost legal rights or penalties and fees. Let us know if you need our help in determining other filing requirements you may have.
If you need assistance with any of this, please contact us by phone 518-587-8329 or by email [email protected]